Why a costume closet?

When I was a little girl my sisters and I would play dress up and put on shows for our parents. Later on in high school, I would sit in our theatre departments costume closet redesigning the costumes I found there. A costume closet is about reaching for your dreams.

Saturday, August 11, 2012

The New Blogger

I have been thinking about this for a little bit now and finally decided to join the blogging band wagon.  The decision to start a blog has been an interesting journey by its self.  My sister is a blogger (a very entertaining one at that) and I remember thinking "there is no way in h-e-double hockey sticks I would ever do that."  I was too shy about my writing skills to put myself out there.  I also didn’t think anyone would want to read what I wanted to share. 

What changed?

I'm not entirely sure I can answer why I changed my mind about blogging.  One inspired voice came from a speaker at FreePAC’s 2012 Dallas event.  Dana Loesch said that the main stream media was “supposed to be our watch dog, not Barack Obama’s lap dog” (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/dana-loesch-rocks-freepac-by-going-after-the-media-supposed-to-be-our-watch-dog-not-obamas-lap-dog/).  She then compared the blogging world to the penny presses of the 1800’s.

Dana’s comments didn’t send me into a blogging frenzy but it sure planted a seed.  A seed that I believe Heavenly Father nurtured and cultivated.  About a week ago I dreamt that I gave a talk in my ward.  I have not been asked to give one nor do I believe that I will be giving one anytime soon, especially about the subjected I dreamt about.  When I woke I wrote out the whole talk within a short time.  Afterwards I asked the question, not really expecting an answer, “Now what do I do with this?”  The answer was simple, “Give it.”  “How?”  “Blog.” 

Welcome to the Wonderful World of Blogging

I’m still exceedingly nervous about my writing skills.  I don’t know if I can lift, inspire, or even entertain anyone but I know that this is where God wants me to stand.  So, with a little bit of luck (and an extreme amount of prayers) I hope to document my journey through this life and share my faith, hope, dreams, love, family, charity, work, and politics.  Will you join me?

4 comments: